WEALTHIEST 1% WILL SOON OWN MORE THAN THE REST OF US COMBINED
By Faith Karimi, CNN

Turns out, the rich really are getting richer. And they'll soon own more than the rest of us put together. So says a new report, which estimates that the richest 1% will have as much wealth as the other 99% combined by next year.

"The richest 1% have seen their share of global wealth increase from 44% in 2009 to 48% in 2014," Oxfam says in a recent report. At that rate, the wealthiest will own more than 50% by next year, according to the report.

"Do we really want to live in a world where the 1% own more than the rest of us combined?" asked Winnie Byanyima, executive director of the international aid agency.



'GLOBAL INEQUALITY...SIMPLY STAGGERING'

Byanyima will co-chair the annual World Economic Forum in Davos this week. She plans to use the platform at Davos to call for urgent action on the rising inequality. The 80 richest people on the planet have the same wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion people, the report says.

"The scale of global inequality is quite simply staggering; and despite the issues shooting up the global agenda, the gap between the richest and the rest is widening fast," she said. "It is time our leaders took on the powerful vested interests that stand in the way of a fairer and more prosperous world."

CALL FOR ACTION

While 1% of the population owns 48% of the world's wealth, a majority of the remainder follows the same trend. "Of the remaining 52% of global wealth, 46% is owned by the rest of the richest fifth of the world's population," the report says. The remainder of the population only possesses 5.5% of global wealth. Their wealth last year? An average $3,851 per adult, the report says. Meanwhile, the "global elite" members had an average wealth of $2.7 million each last year, it says.

Please subscribe at www.guerrillafunk.com and become a part of our community.
Follow Paris on twitter: https://twitter.com/paris_gfr
Like Paris on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paris.artistpageofficial





 






About Guerrilla Funk
Guerrilla Funk Recordings and Filmworks, LLC (GFR) produces original music and film projects, and was founded to provide balance in the intolerant climate of suppression of dissent that arose after the terror attacks of 9/11. It serves as a vehicle for those who are unable - not because of lack of talent or relevance - to be heard. With over 4 million records sold independently since its inception, GFR will continue to strive to enlighten and inspire through entertainment. Please support the message & tell a friend!


Privacy Policy  | Contact Us

© 2001-2015 Guerrilla Funk Recordings & Filmworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Distributed by Guerrilla Funk Recordings & Filmworks, LLC and its affiliates.
This website powered and designed by Designsquad.biz.